Most Popular Local Activities in Denver: Getting to Know the City Better
When in Denver, there are plenty of local activities that can keep a tourist busy and prevent monotony to set in. Taking part in these local activities allow the tourists to know the city of Denver even better.
Some of the most popular local activities in Denver are-
- Attending concerts at the Red Rocks Park and amphitheater. It is quite a lifetime experience to attend a concert at the Red Rocks. The amphitheater is located among the natural backgrounds that provide a marvelous setting for the concerts.
- Participating in outdoor sports like going for a hike or a bike ride, jogging, snowboarding and skiing. The Rocky Mountains provide the perfect background for these activities.
Outdoor sports: Downtown Denver
- Visiting the Elitch Gardens, availing all the thrill rides and the water rides is the fun that the visitors just cannot afford to miss during their stay in Denver.
- Visiting the Coors Brewery is another great local past time activity for the tourists in Denver. Free tours are offered on the weekdays and also on Sundays. The tour ends with two complimentary glasses of beer for visitors above 21 years of age
- For tourists who are cultural enthusiasts, there are theaters and concerts. Often these theaters and concerts give a tourist in detailed picture of what the city is like. Tourists attending these theaters and concerts will get to know the city better.
These are some of the few local activities that tourists can opt for in order to know the city of Denver better. Other than these activities, tourists can plan to visit the Colorado History Museum, the Denver Art Museum and even the Denver Zoo if they want to. When you are here you should also plan a visit to Denver Botanic Gardens and the Downtown Aquirium.